We will work as a team to create a scripted story that we will film ourselves at home.
- To create cohesion in the group
- To improve teamwork and consensus building
Duration of the session: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Number of participants: min. 6
- Internet connection
- Mobile phone
The facilitator will put the participants in small groups of two or three people. They will have to write a script on a topic that interests all members of the group and that they can perform themselves in the form of a monologue from home.
Steps to make a good monologue:
- Think about the kind of character you want to be and create it. You can be yourself, it’s quite usual.
- Create a profile for your character. Maybe the type of monologue asks you to be funny or witty. Or even that your character needs to be cute or cute. It all depends on what you are going to present and the audience it is aimed at.
- Do the monologue, sit down in front of a blank piece of paper or a computer and express all your ideas. You can use drawings or diagrams to define the structure in storytelling mode. Then, little by little, you have to refine and close the speech.
- The aim is to take the audience with you on your own journey, depending on what you have created so far.
Once the script is generated, participants record the different parts at home and edit it together using a free video editor such as Video Editor Plus.
They should divide up the tasks, with one participant editing the video while sharing the screen with the others for ideas and prompts.
- Once the programme has started, we will go to the top left-hand side to insert our video in the programme.
2. Drag the video to the bottom bar where you can start editing it.
3. In the upper left corner we can add sound effects provided by the programme itself, as well as background images, music or effects.
4. The programme provides you with different elements that you can add to the video
5. We can also add text, such as titles, subtitles or end credits.
6. We can also make more classical retouches such as colour adjustments, crop the image, stabilise the image, pixelate faces…
Once edited, it will be published on youtube privately, so that only participants with access to the link can see it.
With the videos published, the participants will see the result of the work of the companies and in the comments section they will answer the following questions:
- What is the message you want to convey?
- What do you think about this topic?.
- Do you think the content is understood and well explained?
- Rate video editing from 1 to 10
At the end of the activity participants will be able to:
- They have learned to make more complex handicrafts
- Have trained fine motor skills
- Have practised their sense of rhythm