In this activity participants are invited through various art forms to recognize the importance and necessity for the life of the person who has the natural environment. In addition, you ask them to discover the ways in which humans intervene in the natural environment and the effects that these interventions have. Finally, they are invited to create a project with the aim of informing their local community about the ecological disaster and the environment and their immediate mobilization.
- Participants to work in groups
- To recognize the various art forms and identify the message they convey about the environment
- To explain the forms and causes of pollution
- To feel their own role of responsibility in the ecological disaster
- To sensitize and mobilize their local community through their projects
Duration: 120 min
Number of participants: 5 – 10
Computers, Tablets, Internet Connection, Painting Blocks, Newspapers & Magazines, Paints, Scissors, Adhesives.
Phase 1: Separation of groups and editing of projects.
Phase 2: Creation of participants projects
Initially we divide the participants into four groups, the group “SONG”, the group “VIDEO”, the group “GRAFTI” and the group “PAINTING”.
Then, each group will study its object by going to the respective link or watching the respective project and will answer the following questions.
- What art form does the artist use?
- Describe the study object of your team?
- What message does the artist want to convey?
- Write in the following boxes how you feel listening to the song, watching the video or seeing the graffiti and the painting respectively.
The second phase of the activity follows:
OBJECTIVE: To entrust the participants with the work and ecological feeling of the artist Jason de Caires Taylor and to realize their role in the prevention of pollution and in the treatment of the ecological crisis.
APPLICATION: Participants are welcome to watch a video of the work of sculptor Jason deCaires Taylor in Mexico (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI7LWfpMzPI), where the first underwater sculpture museum was established. It follows a discussion with the participants about the purpose of the art and the issue of the ecological crisis, commenting on some of the exhibits.
Then, the participants, inspired by the work and the goal of the artist that has been created, they make their works (paintings, collages, etc.) in order to continue and awaken the members of the local community.
Examples of creations:
At the end of the activity participants will be able to:
- Understand the value of a team work
- Use various art forms to identify the message about environmental pollution
- Implement a diversity of environmental art projects
- Use artworks in order to identify, interpret or create a new understanding about environment
“Pollution Rap” An Environmental Song by Waterford.org, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm6vXoLut90
Midway Island -Unbelievable video about albatross on Midway Island and the plastic we consume, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUM58LIU2Lo
Cancun MUSA Underwater Museum, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI7LWfpMzPI