Drawing is a good technique to express ourselves and to work on fine motor skills. We are going to do some exercises to learn how to draw from scratch, from the basics.
- To learn to draw in a basic way
- To exercise fine motor skills
Duration of the session: 1 hour
Number of participants: min. 5
To draw step by step, the first thing you have to learn is to master the line. The line is the basis of any drawing and by practising the lines we will improve our drawing pulse.
- Take a blank sheet of paper and draw random strokes, i.e. draw several lines on top of each other. These can be numbers, letters or random shapes.
2. Draw parallel lines diagonally, horizontally and vertically. They don’t have to be perfect, but try to draw the lines without lifting the pencil from the paper.
3. For the next exercise we will draw several dots randomly on a piece of paper. Then, we will join all these dots with the pencil. To move up a level, we could try to do it without lifting the pencil from the paper or place more dots.
4. We will improve drawing accuracy with repetition. We will have to draw step by step and with a lot of concentration. Try to draw with different strokes and without going outside the line.
- Draw a straight or circular line with little pressure.
- Try drawing along the same line again.
- Finish with a third stroke along the same line with a little more pressure.
7. The next step is to reduce these objects to simple figures.
- Draw a rectangle, a cylinder and a circle. Define the contours and add lines to give them relief.
- Add the details: draw the dots and the indentation of the orange and round the spine of the book.
- Finally, erase the lines that served as a drawing guide at the beginning.
They will keep practising these exercises until they get better at them. Then they can try to draw something they see around them, first as geometric shapes and then more realistically.
At the end of the activity participants will be able to:
- Have acquired basic drawing techniques
- They have done exercises to practice drawing and get used to it.
- Have practised and carried out exercises to improve fine motor skills