In this workshop, we will see the musical knowledge of several decades that the participants have.
We also show them different genres and artists that they may not be familiar with, increasing their musical culture and generating interest in other groups or genres that they may not listen to every day.
Objectives of this activity are:
- To bring different musical genres closer to the participants
- To get to know their knowledge of music.
- To generate a wider taste for music.
- To promote teamwork and consensus
Duration of the session: 1 hour
Number of participants: min. 6 max. 15
- Internet connection
- Kahoot! | Learning games | Make learning awesome!
The facilitator introduces the Kahoot application and helps the participants to access the form.
She starts the questionnaire, the first questions will be asked individually.
- Which musician became famous for the hit song “I Kissed a Girl”?
- Katy Perry
- Ariana Grande
- Jennifer López
- How many strings are there in a standard Violin?
- Wind instrument which is one of the oldest wind instruments?
- “Vallenato” is a musical style that comes from…
- Which group had the top five singles in the same week in 1964?
- The Rolling Stones
- The Doors
- The Beatles
- How many people were in the original Queen?
- According to a 1990s study, listening to the music of which composer made students temporarily smarter?
- His most famous song is called “Hallelujah”:
- Jonas Brothers
- Leonard Cohen
- Elton John
- Name the song: Yeah, breakfast at Tiffany’s and bottles of bubbles, Girls with tattoos who like getting in trouble
- Ariana Grande
- Miley Cyrus
- Which former One Direction member released ‘Watermelon Sugar’ and ‘Adore You’
- Harry Styles
- Niall Horan
- Liam Payne
Once we have finished the first 10 questions, it explains how to create our own quiz in Kahoot.
- Click on the create button
- Click on New Kahoot
- Once the process has been explained, separate the participants into groups and each group into a different discord channel to prepare 10 questions of their own for the rest of the groups. They will have to research music genres, artists and groups in order to prepare the questions correctly.
When the groups have finished preparing their questions we will return to the general discord channel and participate in their quizzes.
At the end of the activity participants will be able to:
- Learned how to create a Kahoot
- Learned information about music and the different genres and groups.
- Learned how to search and select information on the Internet
- Worked as a team and made decisions together